Today we can offer your club talks on the following subjects , the talks may contain examples of models, with exhibits to illustrate the topics being discussed. The speakers all have considerable expertise in the subjects they are delivering and will welcome the opportunity to visit your club—
1) Pylon racing – model construction – set up – performance – engines – and racing format– includes examples of models
2) Extraodinary Days in Airport Operations – Some of the less than ordinary events during a career in Air Traffic Control and Airport Operational Management at Hamble, Southampton, Exeter, Biggin Hill, Gatwick, Heathrow and Leeds Bradford Airports.
3) E-soaring – different classes flown locally , types of models flown , competition formats , finding thermals and talks on silent flight in general.
4) Scale RC helicopters , scratch building heli bodies, making moulds and moulding body parts – installation of mechanics , turbine power plants , modern stabilization systems used ,, includes actual models
5) Vintage Aeromodelling – SAM 1066 locally – rubber models , gliders and power models – jetex – retro RC including conversions to 2.4 – expect many models and exhibits
6) What about on open evening on Southern area BMFA activities this to be an open forum evening to gather ideas on improvements your club feels would help develop the area … We can give an overview on our activities and present results from previous AGM
7) BMFA Achievement Scheme- The philosophy of the scheme, latest and ongoing developments, how to go about and preparing for the tests and a chance to ask questions and possibly influence the future development of the scheme. Member(s) of the Achievement Scheme Review Committee and/or Area Scheme Coordinator can provide this talk.